Sunday, June 15, 2008

The tulip & the stone

She tells me not to dream ,
...but my dreams are all I have

I watch her from the shadows
as she unbinds her silken tresses
...a sight to behold...taking my breath away

I see her amongst the roses and the lilies
as she daintily glides by
caressing each flower with delicate love

And when she spots the amorous letch ,
she frowns with disdain.
she is a pious dame
and Im a love besotten poet..

She tells me not to dream......
but my dreams are all I have

I hide my face in shame
for I'm the blacksmith's son
and she's the princess of the chateau
she sleeps in beds of satin
and I lay on a floor of stone

We are children of different Gods
...all the same
...and yet none at all


She knows my love for her..I think…
but she is held back by her own.
and my arms cannot reach the High towers of gold
that my angelic princess cruelly hold


She tells me not to dream...
...but my dreams are all I have

I shall have to wait
...for an eternity maybe...
...writing maudlin verses...
...till death do us part...

She tells me not to dream...
...but my dreams are all I have