Monday, August 18, 2008

Lord of the garden




My Mom’s gardening skills have finally paid off. The Brahma kamals in bloom last night are a beautiful witness to the fact.
This pretty flower blooms only at night, lasts in full bloom for a few hours and withers by morning. It has a mild but very nice fragrance. Supposedly a harbinger of good luck, it is revered by some as Lord Brahma’s flower, hence the name.
Rumour has it that unmarried girls who look at it, get hitched very soon. So for all u spinsters out there, hunt for the nearest household with this plant and keep a watch on it.
As for my girlfriend, STAY HOME GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anshi said...

Hey Ashwin... Nice Blog!
I was searching for info about Brahma Kamala and came across your blog. The rumour is interesting. I'm expecting more than 50 Brahma Kamalas to bloom in my graden over this weekend... I'm all excited about that for now. Will post the pictures on my blog soon.
Best Wishes... Mary :) http://milliondollarsmilemary.blogspot.com/