Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mushroom salad

I tried my hand at making a mushroom salad today ( yeah , I can cook a bit). Turned out quite nice. Thought I'd make mom a guinea pig first, turns out she hates mushrooms. I cant quite comprehend how someone can hate mushrooms. Its just one of those things that should be worshipped ( chili sauce and mozarella cheese being the others).

Here's the recipe though:

Ingredients:
200 gm button mushrooms sliced and diced ( like the ones in the pic)
1/2 an onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1 cucumber sliced/julienned ( if you can)
salad dressing /lime juice half a cup
salt to taste
2tbsp olive oil


Method:
1. Saute the onions and the mushroom in olive oil on low flame for 5 mins. Add salt ( as per your palate or your blood pressure)
2. Add this to the cucumber and tomato in a salad bowl
3. Add the salad dressing / lime juice . Toss as you would your boss's brains ( if he had any)
4. Experiment on someone.
5. If the person does not choke on it, its safe and you can enjoy it.

In case you plan to try it out, let me know how it was.

Meanwhile check out these cute mushroom lamps http://www.geekalerts.com/?s=mushroom

No comments: