Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Moody tuesday



It’s raining in Al Ain, it ought to be cheering me up but it has caught me in a sombre mood. Maybe it’s the months and months of deprivation from partying and hanging out with friends. Nevertheless I’m a bit moody today and the rains are not helping me much.

I’m compelled to sit and brood about the past which is a mortal sin. Thinking about the past kills your present and spoils the future. But then if one could control ones thoughts, life would have been much easier

I sometimes wish we all had a rewind option at least once in a lifetime, just go back some years back in time, correct all the mistakes, avoid all the situations where I made a big fool of myself, prevent myself from hurting others (unintentionally) and thereby write a new present and future for myself.

But would I be the same again?

I am what my life experiences have made me. Each good or bad phase in life has taught me an unforgettable lesson. I’m but forced to admit that all the hurt, all the pain has only made me stronger.

This day I have memories, good ones that I can smile about, bad ones I would love to forget, and others that I could just sit and laugh about someday.
I like my past, coz that’s what I am

And I just look out the window and enjoy the fresh showers that bring divine hope to a forlorn soul.

1 comment:

Prajakta Thanekar said...

well written. I completely agree with u. Good and bad experiences have made us, what we are today.